I love Tilley hats and clothing . . . only they could have convinced me to go against one of the axioms of travel gear: “never wear white”. I mean, normally, why would you? They show every drip and smudge — and don’t we seem to get more of them on the road — as well as wrinkle like a Skid Row bum.
That’s why I was happy to be proved wrong and to be hosted to experience it!
This is what they say about the “Forever Cool” Women’s Tuxedo Shirt:
A classic style in modern material, this Tuxedo Shirt is made from fabric woven with jade powder – so it always feels cool to the touch.
- This lightweight fabric has built-in cooling and wicking properties
- Looks and feels like silk
- Tuxedo style pleated bib detailing
- Band collar
- Seven covered button placket
- Band cuff with single button closure
- Shirttail hem
- Fabric textured with subtle built-in wrinkles
- Jade powder woven into fabric – will not wash out
- Wash ‘n’ wear, dries overnight
- Centre back length 29”
- Made in Canada
This is what I say: this silky, comfortable shirt looks good, even if you roll up the sleeve one tab length. It lies correctly when your arms are at your sides. It really proved its worth right out the door: I attended a wine/wild game dinner where I apparently dripped half of everything being served on me. Well, “apparently” not for long: I was able to wipe even deep meat juices right off with regular ice water! That’s outstanding!